SOLAR CANOPY SYSTEMS: The Next Big Opportunity
Want to make a huge impact in your school district?
Consider installing solar canopies, an untapped multi-purpose opportunity you can implement right now.
- Efficient use of space – adding additional uses to the same square footage of space
- Protecting people from the elements
- Providing shade to pedestrians and autos – beyond the comfort aspect of shade to pedestrians and cooler cars, the shade also provides an improvement to the fuel economy of the car by reducing the need for heavy air conditioning use
- Canopies can be angled for maximum production, whereas rooftop solar installations are limited by the characteristics of the roof on which it is installed
- Provides an alternative to rooftop solar panels if a roof is unable to host solar panels or if the property’s electricity needs are too large to support a rooftop solar system
Why should you install solar canopies now?
- Finance rates to install solar canopies are historically low
- PSEG electric costs are extremely high – solar canopies can help offset these costs
- Canopy installs are eligible for NYSED Aid reimbursement to help generate additional cash flow
- Opportunity to demonstrate an energy minded school district to the community with the introduction of solar
Where can I install these?
I already have solar on my building roofs, is it possible to do more?
How will solar canopies impact existing parking lots and will you lose parking spaces?
How do I get started?
For further information on how ECG can help you facilitate a solar canopy into your school district, contact our Business Development Director Ashley Heintz-Lynch at ashley@theECGgroup.com or click the button below to receive more information.